Designs tailored to your needs and Optimised for the Search Engines
Search Engine Optimization
Creating a website is half the battle. A beautiful website is of no value if it cannot be found by people who may be interested in your products or services. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of tailoring website content and publicising the website to maximize its chances of appearing high in search engine listings. When I build websites I do so with SEO requirements built-in as a matter of routine. This includes submitting your website to the main search engines to be listed. If your business or service is highly specialized, basic SEO may suffice to achieve good search results. For less specialized services, and those with a broader target customer base, further work will be needed to achieve prominent rankings in search results. Where additional SEO work is required, I can identify a tailored additional body of work to help you further refine the content of your new website to maximize the chances of your website performing well in search engines such as Google or Bing. SEO work may include the following:
- Writing or modifying the website copy to maximize the use of key words, with emphasis on those structural elements of your website that search engines give the greatest weight to when determining page rank.
- Identify sources for links from external websites, including free and paid for directories, and submit entries.
- Create Social Media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn and advise on how to publish content that will boost the ranking or your website. I can also create business pages on Facebook and Google+.
- Advise on the possibilities for promoting your website through paid-for services, such as Google Ads, and implement any ad placements.
Every website consists of a number of html and text files, images and other media. When you visit a website these files are transferred to the browser on your device from a server. This service is delivered by a hosting provider, who provide their service for a monthly or yearly fee. I can provide flexible solutions for your hosting needs:
- I can recommend a low cost and reliable hosting provider (or you can specify one yourself) which you order and pay for directly, thereby keeping your hosting costs to a minimum. The costs of setting up the website on the server would be included in your website quotation.
- Alternatively, you may prefer to let me sort everything out for you, including the billing. My annual charges for administering your hosting account and handling domain name registration are very reasonable.